Sunday, April 27, 2008

Bibliography tools, continued.

.

cb2Bib



This is a very interesting package. It means "clipboard to bib." Does make picking up references much easier off of web pages. It apparently can do things automatically if one teaches it how, at least some things.



As it is, it right away picks up what it can, like journal name, pages, and volume, then I have had to select the title, or authors into the clipboard, and it asks me what's the category. Very nice.



Zotero


Got it working with Firefox 3 b5 on Ubuntu. Very nice. I'm still a bit puzzled. I was able to save some snapshots and links, and use cb2Bib to massage them into bibtex database entries.


How to get the pdfs on my system integrated, and downloading pdfs? I know kbibtex and JabRef can do some of this.



No comments:

Thoughts about Manjaro, Endeavour, and Gentoo: Recent Dives into the rabbit holes

I have tried Endeavour Linux in the past; something always feels wrong about it.  It has some good points, though.  When I saw it overtook M...