I have assembled a machine that is blazing fast, due to a trifecta of parts:
- A super fast CPU: i7-7700K
- A futuristic Storage device: Samsung 960 EVO NVMe 500GB
- Moderately fast DDR4 RAM: 16 GB of 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance
- a GTX 1050 4GB Graphics Processor
- An ASRock Z270 Killer SLI/ac Motherboard
- A Refurbished 2TB Hitachi Ultrastar 6.0 SATA with 64MB of cache
The ASRock Motherboard was not going to be my first choice. It has basic features (believe it or not) compared to some others. It does have integtrated Intel Wifi and Bluetooth adaptors and an Intel integrated HD Graphics adaptor.
What was nice, the Graphics and the Wifi worked out of the box with Ubuntu GNU/Linux. That was nice. There remains a bit of wonderment about flashing red LEDs. These have much been written about. Perhaps they are the glitz?