Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Mounting Google Drive on a GNU/Linux system

First, the following post worked, with the proviso/modification that I am not using Ubuntu.  I installed google-drive-ocamlfuse as an AUR build, and followed the simple steps from the post. 

Wonderful...

http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2017/04/mount-google-drive-ocamlfuse-linux

  1. Install google-drive-ocamlfuse
  2. run $ google-drive-ocamlfuse
  3. $ mkdir ~/googledrive
  4. get a cold drink ready
  5. run $ google-drive-ocamlfuse ~/googledrive
  6. open up a file manager!  (I used caja)
 
According to this post, one can open files with standard tools on GNU/Linux, unlike the web version of Google Drive.

But the following is a bit of a problem for someone who, like me, is forgetful:

  1. When you are done, run this:
     
     
    $ fusermount -u ~/google-drive

No comments:

Thoughts about Manjaro, Endeavour, and Gentoo: Recent Dives into the rabbit holes

I have tried Endeavour Linux in the past; something always feels wrong about it.  It has some good points, though.  When I saw it overtook M...