Saturday, October 12, 2024

The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is a beacon

I just stumbled upon a statement on the website of the FSF (fsf.org) about the appointment of three new board members of the organisation. I am impressed. The FSF has been on my radar for many years, as I have followed developments in the Free Software world, and used Free Software for my own work. I have been a devotée of free software for over 40 years, as a user. These people at the FSF, as well as the Electronic Frontier Foundation, and GNU: what's not to like? Who is more committed to the concept of free software, free information. freedom from repressive copyrights and patents? Fantastic! The FSF!

No comments:

The Free Software Foundation (FSF) is a beacon

I just stumbled upon a statement on the website of the FSF ( fsf.org ) about the appointment of three new board members of the organisation....